Saturday, November 07, 2015

#CarryOnPHLaunch: Carry On Philippine Book Launch Party Recap | Signed Adventures

October 10, 2015Carry On by Rainbow Rowell was one of my most anticipated releases of 2015 due to the fact that I freaking love Rainbow Rowell's books. They're all different from each other, but collectively they are just so addictive (in my honest opinion)! Anyway, Carry On is sort of like a spin-off to Fangirl in the sense that the novel is somewhat related to the book that Cath's fanfiction was based off of. Did I made any sense? If not, just click the link annotated with the title of the book and it will direct you to its Goodreads page for a better explanation of the synopsis.

Custom Carry On cupcakes!
When Pinoy Book Tours announced that they were hosting a fun launch party for the book I immediately said yes and filed for an under-time (yes, I also work on Saturdays which is such a constant bummer in my life). This is the very first book launch event I have ever attended and I was really enthusiastic to be part of something like this.

L-R: Sab, Dianne, Louisse, and Lyra
The hosts for the event were Dianne of Oops I Read A Book Again! and Sab of Sab The Bookeater. These two ladies were funny, quirky, and so perfect for the task. Then we also have the game masters Louisse of The Soul Sisters, Jesselle of The Lifelong Bookworm and Lyra of Defiantly Deviant! First off these girls know how to make a crowd laugh! I constantly burst out laughing every time they spoke some sassy remarks.

A fun game of Rainbow Henyo with Jesselle and guests!

Some of the members of Pinoy Book Tours having a photo-op!
Prominent Pinoy Chick-Lit author Mina V. Esguerra was present for the event! 
I also got to catch up with Inah of The Bibliophile Confessions
I was lucky enough to score one of the grand prizes of the event, which was the Fangirl: Exclusive Special Edition! I've been dying to have this book in my collection because I LOVE RAINBOW ROWELL (pardon my all caps, I can't contain my feels over her)! I also got the coolest swag including tea bags, balloons, pins, temporary tattoos, and a color-your-own dust jacket of Carry On. I already colored mine and I'm really proud of it!


Over-all the event was a success and my under-time totally paid off! I'm highly grateful for National Bookstore and Powerbooks Store for sponsoring such an awesome event! And of course thank you to all of the bloggers who worked hard to make this event possible! Your efforts did pay off, trust me!

I really wanted to take this home!
Have you already read Carry On? What are your non-spoilery thoughts on it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting, I highly appreciate it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...