Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Top 15 Books/Series I Want to Read This 2015

I know this type of blog post is cliche (especially in this month), but I don't care! I want to share the following books I really would like to get into this year. Without further ado, here they are (NOTE: This list does not include new releases, I will be making a separate post regarding that. ALSO all the images provided here are taken from Goodreads):

1) The Darkest Minds Trilogy by Alexandra Bracken



I already have the first book and all I need is to start it! Woohoo!

 2) The Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor



People have been raving about Laini Taylor's writing and I had the chance of reading her short story The Girl Who Woke The Dreamer in the Christmas YA romance anthology My True Love Gave To Me. I am quite fascinated with her writing style, so I really want to get into this trilogy!

3) The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer



Fairy Tale retellings with a Sci-Fi twist? I'll take it! 

4) The Paper Gods Series by Amanda Sun


The main reason why I want to read this series is because of it's stunning design! Seriously if every book in the entire world looked like this, I'll buy it! 

5) The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson*


Brandon Sanderson is a hot commodity right now. Booktube is obsessed with this author and I want to jump into that bandwagon. #SorryNotSorry

6) Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell


This book has been on my radar since I heard about the movie adaptation. The plot sounds incredible, so I really would like to try it out! 

7) The Pivot Point Duology by Kasie West


This book is not as hyped up as the other books I mentioned on this list. I heard about it through Heather at the Bookables and also Hazel at Stay Bookish.  I was captivated with what they had to say about these two books. 

8)The Penryn & The End of Days Trilogy by Susan Ee


I just want to read this because of the buzz surrounding it. Simple as that. 

9) Vicious by VE Schwab*



Superpowers? Anti-heroes? Action? Count me in! 

10) The Raven Cycle Series by Maggie Stiefvater 


I have not read any Maggie Stiefvater books and out of all her works this series caught my attention. 

11) We Were Liars by E. Lockhart



This is one of the most talked about book of last year and there's this supposed twist that will either make you love the book or hate it. I want to know that twist ASAP. Kate at The Bookaholic Blurbs just praised this novel and gave it a high rating, which propelled me to be interested to read it. Also, the author is supposed to have a book signing tour in the Philippines. This has not been 100% confirmed (meaning there aren't any ads yet about it), however I am very much hopeful that it is true.

12) Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloane



This is one of those booktube staples I need to read ASAP! Priscilla at the Readables raves about this book and I want to see if it is really that good. 


13) The Falling Kingdoms Series by Morghan Rhodes


Another high-fantasy series on this list, I know! I just want to immerse myself in fantastical worlds this year and I think that the premise of this particular series is suitable for my taste.


14) Every Day by David Levithan*



Every day a different body... That line on the cover just hooked me! 


15) Stardust by Neil Gaiman*


A magical and thrilling book (well according to the premise) that I want to sink into. Neil Gaiman has been on my list of must-read-authors for a while now and I really want to start this year. 

*Or any other books written by this author.

So those are the books that would make my 2015 a whole better! Just kidding. I just want to read these babies, but I just want to put it out there that I will not limit myself with this selection. I will choose other books that would catch my fancy, whenever I want to. 

Basically that is it! Hope you enjoyed this post! 

What do you want to read this 2015? Share your opinions and/or blog posts down below!


2 comments:

  1. I wanted to start reading The Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy, The Lunar Chronicles, and The Raven Cycle Series too!

    I've read Every Day and it's one of my favorite books!
    ...it shattered my heart, just so you know. Tea-rrific Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am even more excited to read Every Day! I'll try to prep my feels for it! Hahaha... Hopefully we both could finish at least one of those series! :D

      Delete

Thank you very much for commenting, I highly appreciate it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...