Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Top Ten Books About Friendship

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
I find that a lot of memorable books doesn't only contain a romantic relationship but also a solid friendship. Here are some of the books that I have read that proved my statement above.

1) Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling


Harry, Ron and Hermione. Need I say more?

2) The Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan


The dynamic between Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Leo, Hazel, Frank and Nico was just perfect! They depicted the true side of a friendship.

3) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs


Jacob supported the other peculiar children and vice versa. The way they worked together to achieve their goals were impressive.
  
4) The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


Even though I wasn't fond of this book I still appreciated Charlie, Sam and Patrick's friendship because of how authentic it was. 

5) Pretty Little Liars Series by Sara Shepard


 Aria, Hanna, Spencer and Emily's  friendship were still unwavering even though A was making their lives a living hell and I appreciated that in this series.

6) Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian


Mary, Kat and Lillia just meld so well when they are plotting their vengeance on the people that hurt them! 

7) The Help by Kathryn Stockett


The relationship between Aibileen, Minnie and Skeeter was just so poignant and very moving. The things that they went through just really tugged my heartstrings. 

8) Attachments by Rainbow Rowell


My favorite part about this book was the friendship between Beth and Jennifer. Their e-mails were so fun to read and I laughed out loud through most of them.

9) Cocktails for Three by Madeleine Wickham


Roxanne, Maggie and Candice are three sassy ladies with such a strong friendship. I haven't re-read this book in a while but I can still remember how close they were with each other and how they helped each other out through the nasty times of their lives.

10) Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell


Finally my favorite successful ladies make an appearance. Nico, Wendy and Victory are one of the most powerful women in Manhattan however they still had tribulations in their lives and they conquered it all with the help of one another. 

Even though friendship wasn't the central plot line of these books I feel as though that it had a huge impact on the story.

What are on your Top Ten Books About Friendships? 

Happy Reading,

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the PLL series (and the tv show). www.she-read.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Both the books and the TV shows are great! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am really glad that you enjoyed it! :D

      Delete
  3. Good list, I love the friendships in The Heroes of Olympus, Harry Potter and The Perks of Being as Wallflowers as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The way they just work together is really awesome! :D

      Delete

Thank you very much for commenting, I highly appreciate it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...