Saturday, May 03, 2014

How A Book Is Made [1]: Developing The Idea


It has been so long since I wrote anything related to creative writing. So for my return to this segment, I would like to talk to you guys about the process of How A Book Is Made. I stumbled upon this series of videos on Youtube that talked about the development, packaging and publishing of a book. I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to share it with you guys...



It has always been such a fascination for me to know how authors get their inspiration and how they develop these into a written outcome. Lauren Oliver (author of Delirium trilogy) shared her idea development process which is really interesting. 

Inspiration comes in different ways to different people and I like how I saw Lauren Oliver's take on it. The way she described the process, and compared it to cooking, was such an informational treat. 

I was always hesitant in leaving an idea and focusing on a new one because I felt like the drive that I had wouldn't be rekindled however as I watched this video, I learned that it is okay to set aside ideas that doesn't seem to click yet and just come back to it when one is ready. It made me feel more enthusiastic in pursuing some ideas that has been floating around my head for quite some time.

Did you enjoy this? What did you guys get from this video? Please share your thoughts by commenting down below.

Happy Reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting, I highly appreciate it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...