Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wishlist Wednesday #13

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves. It is hosted by Dani of Pen to Paper.

I wish... I wish... I wish to have...

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor


Goodreads Synopsis:
"Errand requiring immediate attention. Come.

The note was on vellum, pierced by the talons of the almost-crow that delivered it. Karou read the message. 'He never says please', she sighed, but she gathered up her things.
When Brimstone called, she always came."

In general, Karou has managed to keep her two lives in balance. On the one hand, she's a seventeen-year-old art student in Prague; on the other, errand-girl to a monstrous creature who is the closest thing she has to family. Raised half in our world, half in 'Elsewhere', she has never understood Brimstone's dark work - buying teeth from hunters and murderers - nor how she came into his keeping. She is a secret even to herself, plagued by the sensation that she isn't whole.

Now the doors to Elsewhere are closing, and Karou must choose between the safety of her human life and the dangers of a war-ravaged world that may hold the answers she has always sought.


+++

This trilogy has been totally hyped up in the book blogging and booktube communities and I want to jump on this bandwagon. The premise sounds really complex and dark which intrigues me. I do want the UK covers of this book trilogy because of how simple and sophisticated they look (the US editions looks really bad) however I have to buy it online which is not cheap. I'll get this edition someday! 

If you guys have read this book feel free to comment your thoughts about it but please I beg you, NO SPOILERS! 

What are you wishing for this Wednesday?

Happy Reading, 


6 comments:

  1. I agree - I wanna get on the bandwagon. I'm hesitant to add yet ANOTHER series to by TBR. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! My TBR list is growing rapidly every single day! Hehehehe... Thanks for visiting my WW! :D

      Delete
  2. This series is amazing!!! I absolutely loved them but still need to read book 3. Hope you get it soon!!
    http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2014/04/wishlist-wednesday-april-23rd.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited as well! I do hope (with a stroke of luck) I could find this edition in my country! Thanks for visiting my WW! :D

      Delete
  3. I love this series! Im still waiting to get my hands on the last book. They are defiantly a bit dark but beautiful. & Laini Taylor describes the world wonderfully! Hope you get it soon!
    -Amanda @ Escaping Reality Within Pages

    My #WW: http://escapingrealitywithinpages.blogspot.com/2014/04/wishlist-wednesday-7.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that the way she use descriptions are impeccable that's why I wanna read it! Thanks for visiting my WW and for following me on bloglovin'! :D

      Delete

Thank you very much for commenting, I highly appreciate it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...