Friday, April 25, 2014

Bookstagram Round Up #1 | Captured Novelties

You all know that I am obsessed with Instagram and I do post tons of pictures of, what else, books! For today's Captured Novelties post I shall be showing you guys some of the photos I took, edited and posted on my Instagram page this past week.



The Books: City of Bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Camera: iPhone 5's iSight Camera
Date Photographed: April 20 & April 24, 2014 [respectively]
Editing Programs/Apps Used: VSCOcam & Filtergram

I recently joined the Cassandra Clare Read-A-Thon or Clare-A-Thon and, being totally Instagram Obsessed, I took some pictures of the books I was currently reading!

I have been experimenting with NOISE effects (if you can see there are speck like details on the photos which make it look vintage and worn) and I just really love FADING photographs which adds to the aged feel to it.

Here are some random photos which were edited by the same apps used above...




In a way I think that Instagram does connect book lovers all throughout the world by the means of literature photography. I have started conversations with bookish people who follow me on this wonderful social media platform and I enjoyed many of our little chats. I also followed them back and saw how creative and totally awesome their photos were. The power of sharing something what you love to the world and getting some immensely positive feedback from those people who appreciate your passion, gives me the encouragement to pursue it even more. 

How about you guys? Do you have an Instagram account? If yes please don't hesitate to share it down below so I could follow you! 

Happy Reading, 

4 comments:

  1. Hi fellow bookworm! ^_^ Already followed you on Instagram. Nice photos! Mine's @arjudegerona :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I followed you back!

      Delete
  2. Hello! I like ur photos and ur books, so much, of course♥. Do you ever think in make a video about your bookshelf? I'll really like see ur book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Good News: I am going to be posting a Bookshelf Tour!
      The Bad News: I'll be showing it off by the end of the year!

      Thank you very much for the compliment. I am really sorry if I would not be posting my bookshelf tour soon but i feel that my bookshelf is not yet ready. Hehehe...

      Delete

Thank you very much for commenting, I highly appreciate it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...