Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wishlist Wednesday #8

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves. It is hosted by Dani of Pen to Paper.

I wish... I wish... I wish to have...

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

Goodreads Synopsis:
Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era!

Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon--the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.


+++

Again, I am swayed by the power of hype over this book. Though I have heard a couple of mixed reviews about Ruby Red, I still want to judge it for myself. The time-traveling plot intrigues me (I haven't read any time-traveling books) and the cover is just stunning (I really want the hardcover because of its sophisticated design PLUS it will look good on my bookshelf)! 

If you guys have read this book feel free to comment your thoughts about it but please I beg you, NO SPOILERS!

What are you wishing for this Wednesday?

Happy Reading, 

8 comments:

  1. Great pick! I must start these soon. I read Gier's books before, but not in fantasy. She's a good writer.
    I hope you get it soon!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to have it right now. Hehehe... :)

      Delete
  2. Great pick. I have book 1 and it sounds awesome :) Hope you get it soon. http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2014/03/wishlist-wednesday-31.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so envious right now! Hehehe... Thanks for stopping by my WW! :)

      Delete
  3. I love this series so much. =) I have just re-read this series. =)
    My WW: http://emsworldofbooks.blogspot.com/2014/03/wishlist-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now so excited to get this! :)) Thanks for stopping by my WW!

      Delete
  4. When I read it, I wasn't too keen on this book, but I know a lot of people loved it! I hope you get to read it soon, and that you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really excited to read it! :)

      Delete

Thank you very much for commenting, I highly appreciate it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...