Friday, January 03, 2014

Haul-y Books #2: Holiday 2013 Edition

During the Holiday Season I actually acquired quite a number of books (some of which are from my wonderful and very generous aunt) and I am really excited to share all of it to you guys. This blog post is NOT about me bragging on and on about the gifts I got for Christmas. I just really want to share my enthusiasm over the novels that I will be reading in the brand new year. 

So here they are...

All in all I got 9 books in a span of five days (from Christmas to New Year). This is probably the biggest book haul I’ve ever had in my entire life! I had a very MERRY Christmas indeed.


I’ve had my eye on Libba Bray’s The Diviners for a really long time however the thickness and the price of the book really intimidated me. Now that I finally got it displayed on my slowly evolving bookshelf, I am really excited to get to read it!


I also finally got Crushed which is the 13th book in the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard. I was really not planning on getting this book (or continuing on with the series because the story arc is just being dragged on mercilessly) but I changed my mind. I’ll give this book a shot and if I liked what I read I might pick up the 14th book in the series which is titled Deadly.


Excited doesn’t even come near to what I felt when I saw these books on the bookstore! I have wanted to own a hardcover copy of all the books in this trilogy by Cassandra Clare yet I could not, for the life of me, find the Clockwork Angel book until now! I am actually reading the first book at the moment and I am enjoying it!


To go along with my Cassandra Clare collection, I managed to find the sequels to City of Bones (which I read back in August) and I instantly grabbed it before it disappears (it always happens to me). I am planning on re-reading City of Bones and marathoning these babies after I read The Infernal Devices Trilogy.


To start of the New Year my family and I went to a mall to bond and I stumbled upon a couple of books that I really wanted for so long but have not found since the last time I saw it (told you I lose potential purchases once I leave the store). I wanted to start reading some local Filipino novels purely for the reason of supporting the local writers and publishing industry. However I couldn’t find a single book that piqued my interest until I found Interim Goddess of Love and Queen of The Clueless by Mina V. Esguerra. The premise of the book is really intriguing (which I’ll be talking about in a future review) and I think it’ll be a great introduction to Filipino Literature.

That’s it! Those are the books I managed to haul during the Holidays and I am really glad with the selections I got! Thanks for pushing through to finish this blog post (I’m only assuming that you did) and I hope that you had a fantastic Holiday season!

What bookish gifts did you receive in the Holidays? Are you excited for 2014? Tell me all about in the comments!

Happy Reading, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting, I highly appreciate it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...