Saturday, December 28, 2013

Dystopia: My Top 5 Unread Books (But Eventually Will Be Read)


I am a self-proclaimed bookaholic and Young Adult fiction aficionado (if you couldn’t already tell from the contents of my blog) however I do admit that I am not as up-to date with the fandoms and bookish bandwagons as I like to be. I want to confess that I haven’t read the following books and some of these books might come as a surprise, so prepare yourselves my dear readers.

Here it goes...

Photo Credit: StopTheState
1) The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins – Yes I admit it! I know this is probably the biggest thing right now and everyone has already read this series.  Unfortunately I am not a huge fan of dystopian novels purely for the reason that I don’t like getting upset over a book. Do not worry though I am going to open up my mind and I am going to read books from this genre.

Photo Credit: Goodreads
2) The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken – Christine Riccio raves about this book series and I know that I will love them (we share the same opinions on books).

Photo Credit: TheBookWars 
3) The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth – The second biggest dystopian novel series that I haven’t gotten even purchased yet. People are saying that this is going to be the next big thing and a movie of it will be coming out so I am really excited to hop into this Tris and Four train!

Photo Credit: Photobucket
4) Shatte Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi - the premise of this books sounds really cool (it instantly reminded me of Rogue from X-Men) that's why I want to pick up this trilogy (the final book will be coming out in 2014). Update: I finally read this series and I am so glad that I did! 

Photo Credit: WhatANerdGirlSays
5) The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu – another hit dystopian series is on the list! Shocker right? The Booktube community is raving about these novels a lot and I want to see for myself what the hoopla is all about.

So far these are the books that I am DYING to read right now but I have a bunch more on my Wishlist (like 12 more series). I can’t even fathom on how I am going to purchase them (I know what you’re all thinking but I really don’t like reading e-books at all). I guess I need to find a job that could support my book buying fetish!

What is your unread books list? What are you most excited in the upcoming year? Tell me down below on the comments!

Happy Reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting, I highly appreciate it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...