Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Booktube-A-Thon Wrap-up

I just want to say that the weekend flew by so quickly and that means the Christmas Booktube-A-Thon already came to a close. You might be thinking that I did a lot of reading during the weekends, lounging around my home turning page after page without a care in the world.

Well... Meh...

So I mentioned in my last post that I will be reading three books, namely The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, White Cat and its sequel Red Glove both by Holly Black. I did manage to finish The Fault in Our Stars on the very first day of the readathon. But the thing is I sort of had a bit of a mourning period (if you don’t get this reference click here) over that particular book. I just couldn’t motivate myself to read the other books as fast as I could. I was just stuck in this bleak limbo of TFioS feels!

The second day, I went Christmas shopping and spent almost three-fourths (3/4) of my day at the mall (I know I am so vapid). I did manage to read at least thirty (30) pages of White Cat but I was so dead tired that I just had to put it down.

The third day was probably the most unproductive day of the whole readathon for me. I was just inside my house doing anything and everything besides reading (I'm a great role model am I right?). The entire last day's worth of pages read are eighty (80) which is a little sad but not that bad.

I might not have spectacularly read everything on my TBR pile but the important thing is I tried. I had fun participating on some of the sprints hosted on the Booktube-A-Thon Twitter page and watching my favorite vloggers talk about the books they read. I am really happy that I participated in this readathon and I am thankful for Ariel Bissett, Jesse of jessethereader, Kat of Katytastic and Liz of elizziebooks for hosting this wonderfully jolly event! I can’t wait for next year’s leg!

How about you guys? Did you read a lot this past weekend? Would you like to recommend me some of what you guys read? Please leave your comments below!

Happy Reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting, I highly appreciate it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...