Tuesday, September 03, 2013

National Bookstore Cut-Price Sale and the Manila International Book Fair 2013

NBS Cut-Price Sale
In time for my birth month National Bookstore went on a freaking SALE! You all know that I love my books and books on sale are probably the best thing there is on this planet. So from August 30 to September 8, 2013 National Bookstore is offering various discounts on books that ranges from 10% up to 70%! See the discount guide on their poster below:

Photo Courtesy to NBS Facebook Page
So as expected of me, I jumped right in and grabbed this opportunity! I'll be posting a list of books that I bought during the whole sale in the near future. If you have the time and budget go right now to your nearest NBS branch and savor this week long treat! 

MIBF 2013
Photo Courtesy to MIBF Facebook Page
Last year I had the wonderful chance of participating in the annual Manila International Book Fair held at the SMX Convention Center. For those who are not in the know, the Manila International Book Fair according to their website "remains the country’s biggest and longest-running book fair with the largest and most varied collection of literature."

I actually blogged about my first time and if you are interested to know what you can expect from this event, click here. I had so much fun that I wouldn't pass up another opportunity to once again bask in the bookish glory of this expo. The fair will be open on September 11-15, 2013 at the SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia Complex. It will be open at 10AM until 8PM so you'll have plenty of time to roam, enjoy and shop till you drop. 

So how does one get into MIBF? 

Tickets are sold at the lobby of the venue for the price of Php 20.00 (adults) and Php 15.00 (students and senior citizens, present an ID). However some big shot booksellers and other exhibitors are giving away tickets for example... 

Fully Booked has announced on their Facebook page that they are giving away some free tickets! And look how cool and awesome the designs are. I wish I could keep it but sadly the guards at the event will be taking them.
Photo Credit: Fully Booked's Facebook page
National Bookstore is also giving away some passes for the event so click on here to know more about it. 

Photo Credit: NBS Facebook page
MIBF has a lot of events and gigs that could satisfy the otaku, linguist, educator and bibliophile inside of you. To know more about these events click here. However I am beyond stoked at the line-up of National Bookstore because they are bringing three bestselling authors from the States here in Manila!

Photo Courtesy to NBS Facebook page
YES you are seeing it right! Melissa de la Cruz of the Blue Bloods fame, Alyson Noel author of the Immortals series and Margaret Stohl the co-author of the Beautiful Creatures series are coming on the event, talking about their new projects and possibly signing some books! You wouldn't believe how excited I am for this! It's like a dream come true! Sadly the slots are only limited to 200 people (which kind of disappointed me) but at least they're here and if you are around the parameter you'll be able to get a glimpse of them.

Anyways I do hope that I covered a lot of grounds regarding MIBF and if I forgot anything do not hesitate on asking or notifying me. I am still not 100 percent sure if I am able to come to this (even though I am DYING to go) but I am praying that I will be able to. 

Are you excited for any of these events? What books will you be buying at the SALE? Will you be going to MIBF? Share your thoughts!

Hope to see you there,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting, I highly appreciate it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...